- Friday, May 31st: Field Day (Kids MUST have an adult chaperone.)
- Friday, June 7th: Last Day of School Breakfast 8:30-9am (Kids MUST have an adult attend.)
- Monday, June 10th: Graduation
Dear Yellow Room,
We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Yellow Room children learned this week in school.
Themes this week:
- This week we began a new unit that is out of this world! The Yellow Room kids put on their helmets and blasted off into the Solar System!!!
- In science, we named the eight planets and learned that the first four planets in the order are made of rock and the last four are made of gas.
- As a whole group, we discussed orbits. We learned that the planets stay on a road/path called an orbit as they revolve around the sun. As a follow up activity, the kids all drew eight white orbits on a long black piece of paper. They then, cut out a Sun and glued down pictures of the planets on their orbit in sequential order.
- In centers, the kids made a likeness of themselves as an astronaut by coloring in an astronaut uniform topped off with a helmet.
Our highlight of the week was our awesome walking trip across the Brooklyn Bridge. Thank you to all our chaperones for making this day so fun and memorable!!
Books we read:
- Rookie Read-About Science Astronauts, by Carmen Bredeson
- Rookie Read-About Science The Solar System, by Carmen Bredeson
- What's Out There? A Book About Space by Lynn Wilson
- Me and My Place In Space, by Joan Sweeney
- 8 Spinning Planets, by Brian James
Places we visited:
- In PE, we played fun games with Noel
- In music, we sang Simple Gifts, What a Wonderful World, and Let It Be.
- In library, Lindsay read The March of the Jizo, by Nakamura Tomoko
Enjoy the photos and have a great weekend.
The Yellow Room Teachers