- Friday, April 19th: No School
- Monday, April 22nd: Earth Day Celebration (Kids and Teachers Only) PIZZA LUNCH!
- Thurs. & Fri., April 25th-26th: Parent Teacher Conferences (Parents only, haha!)
- Thursday, May 16th: Brooklyn Bridge (Kids MUST have an adult chaperone.)
- Friday, May 31st:Field Day (Kids MUST have an adult chaperone.)
- Friday, June 7th: Last Day of School Breakfast 8:30-9am (Kids MUST have an adult attend.)
- Monday, June 10th:Graduation
Dear Yellow Room Families,
We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Yellow Room children learned this week in school.
Themes this week:
- This week the Yellow Room went green for Earth Day!
- We began our study by first discussing and reading about our mother planet, Earth! After reading a book with some fun science facts, we used eyedroppers with blue and green watercolors to create our own Earth on a round coffee filter.
- To accompany our colorful planets, the kids recalled a fact that we discussed and wrote a response to "Earth..."
- In preparing for Earth Day, the kids all made their own likeness. Using ONLY reused materials such as, vinyl records, magazines, caps and others. We all agreed that reusing materials was better for our planet than making more garbage.
- In science, the Yellow Room discussed the essential “Three R’s”; reduce, reuse and recycle. We reached into our class "garbage bag" and sorted different items and placed each one in the correct recycling bin. We learned that we need to separate plastic, paper and cans. By remembering the three R’s, we can celebrate Earth Day every day and continue to help in keeping our “environment” healthy for everyone.
- For fun, we made slime. We enjoyed mixing together dry and wet ingredients and watch them mix together to make colorful slime.
Books we read:
- Earth Day, by Clara Cella
- Our Earth, by Anne Rockwell
- The Womp World, by Bill Peet
- Why Should I Save Water?, by Jen Green
- Why Should I Save Nature?, by Jen Green
- How to Help the Earth - by the Lorax, by Tish Rabe
Places we visited:
- In library Lindsay continued reading Season of the Sandstorms (A Magic Tree House Book) by, Mary Pope Osborne.
- On Tuesday, we joined our school friends for our monthly assembly.
Enjoy the photos and have a great holiday weekend!
The Yellow Room Teachers