Reminders for your calendar:
- Thursday, March 14th: Visit from a NYPL Librarian here in school (KIDS only)
- Thursday, April 11th: Writopia Film Screening @ 1:30 (Kids MUST have an adult attend.)
- Thurs. & Fri., April 25th-26th: Parent Teacher Conferences (Parents only, haha!)
- Thursday, May 16th: Brooklyn Bridge (Kids MUST have an adult chaperone.)
- Friday, May 31st: Field Day (Kids MUST have an adult chaperone.)
- Friday, June 7th: Last Day of School Breakfast 8:30-9 am (Kids MUST have an adult attend.)
- Monday, June 10th: Graduation
We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Yellow Room children learned this week in school.
Themes this week:
- Hip Hip Hooray for celebrating the 100th Day!
- We continued our study on the Library and the job of the librarian.
- Began talking about Leprechauns.
- Letters of the week are 'W' and 'X'. We followed up with a story, a jingle, a cheer for both letters and filling out our journal pages.
- To start off our 100 day celebration on Wednesday, the kids moved all around the room looking for hidden numbers.
- Then they made their very own 100 Snack Mix. Everybody counted ten of ten yummy and different ingredients. We also had to help the teachers measure out the ingredients to make 33 yellow Rice Krispies treats for our celebration in the gym.
- With spring just weeks away, we discussed the changes in the weather. In art we designed our own kites for a unique Spring project. The children are working on a Spring Mural that we will display on the hallway Bulletin Board.
- In Math we created and extended our own Leprechaun patterns.
Highlight of the Week:
- The 100th Day of SCHOOL!!! To celebrate our 100th day of school, the Red, Blue, and Yellow rooms had a party in the gym. Each classroom led a different station with an activity that centered on the number 100. After all the stations had been visited, we lit the candle on top of a Rice Krispies tower and sang "Happy 100th day to us!"
Books we read:
- Check It Out, by Gail Gibons
- The Night Before the100th Day of School, by Natasha Wing
- Hooray for St. Patrick's Day!, by Joan Holub
- The Luckiest St. Patrick's Day Ever!, by Teddy Slater
Songs we sang:
- Jolly 'W' and 'X' Jingles.
Places we visited:
- In PE, we practiced our jumping jacks and push ups.
- In library, Lindsay began a chapter book with us. She read the first chapters of Flat Stanley, by Jeff Brown
- In music, we are sang What A Wonderful World.
Enjoy the photos and have a great weekend.
The Yellow Room Teachers