- Monday, May 28th- No School (Memorial Day)
- Friday, May 31st: Field Day (Kids MUST have an adult chaperone.)
- Wednesday, May 29th: Pajama Party Day (Kids and teachers only.)
- Friday, June 7th: Last Day of School Breakfast 8:30-9am (Kids MUST have an adult attend.)
- Monday, June 10th: Graduation
We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Yellow Room children learned this week in school.
Themes this week:
- 3..2..1...BLAST OFF! This week we continued our study of the Solar System.
- As a whole group, we discussed our closest neighbor in space, the moon. We also learned all about the Apollo 11 mission that landed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon.
- In our writing center, the children have written and illustrated our last class book of the year.
- We named the eight planets and learned a mnemonic device that would help us remember their order from the sun: My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nachos.
- In centers, the kids are working on a very special year book that we hope you all enjoy.
- In our art center, the children all got their groove on as they tie-dyed a T-shirt yellow for field day.
Books we read:
- Science Vocabulary Readers, The Moon, by Lydia Carlin
- One Giant Leap, The Story of Neil Armstrong, by Don Brown
- What the Moon Is Like, by Franklyn M. Branley
- To The Moon, by Jodie Shepherd
- Mousetronaut, by Mark Kelly
Places we visited:
- In music, we sang Lean On Me, What a Wonderful World, and Poison Ivy.
- In library, Lindsay read Because, by Mo Willems
Enjoy the photos and the long holiday weekend.
The Yellow Room Teachers