Dear Star Room 3AM Families,
What a great week we had in the classroom! Here are some of the fun activities we enjoyed during classroom.
Theme this week:
• What a fun time we had at the zoo! Jill and I so enjoyed spending time with your children and exploring the animals. This week we began our last unit about the ocean. To kick off the unit, we created a “what do we know chart?”. I solicited answers such as crabs, whales, fish and penguins from the children and charted the answers. We will continue to add to the chart, showing what we want to know and also what we learned.
Books we read:
• If You Want to See a Whale by Julie Fogliano
• 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle
Places we went:
• At Art with Julia and Janae, we had fun with stamping. The children selected different shaped sponge stampers and dipped them into brightly colored glitter paint. The children then practiced pressing the stamp up and down to make a clear shape outline. We also used oil pastel crayons on black paper and sifted blue sand to find buried treasure.
• We sang Our Favorite Things, Do - Re - Mi, Puff the Magic Dragon and Take Me Out to the Ballgame in Music with Noel. We also played our kazoos, using them to create different animal sounds and songs.
• We played in 2nd floor indoor gym and the roof!
• This week we kept it simple, drawing with markers at the art table and using our imagination to label and explain our drawings. Next week we will be creating fantastic ocean projects!
• No School, Memorial Day, Monday 5/27
• Library books due, Wednesday 5/29
Enjoy the photos! As always, please feel free to reach out through email with questions or concerns.
Sarah and Jill