We had a blast at the Central Park Zoo last Friday! Thank you all for coming and making it such a wonderful trip for your children. The teachers also had a lot of fun!
- We looked at pictures of different types of bears – Polar, Koala, Brown, Black, and Panda! The students each practiced identifying each bear, and then spelled out each bear by identifying each letter written underneath the pictures!
- The students chose to make either a Panda, Koala or Brown bear using paper plates, glue, tissue paper squares, and different sized circles for eyes and noses!
- We played a Koala Bear memory matching game using cards that contained images of Koala’s doing different activities. There were 12 pictures (6 sets of matches) turned upside down, and the students were told that each turn they had they were allowed to turn over 2 cards to see if they made a match. The students exercised a lot of self control during this game – even though they were very tempted to turn over each card all at once to find the match!
- We sang “We’re going on a bear hunt” and walked all around the school looking for bears in every classroom!
- “We’re Going on A Bear Hunt”
- “Let’s Go To The Zoo"
- Brave Little Bear, by Rory Tyger
- Bear Says Thanks, by Karma Wilson
- I Was Once an Apple Pie, by Suse MacDonald
- MCS will be closed on Monday, May 28th for Memorial Day.
- Our end of year party will be on Wednesday, June 5th from 11:15-11:45am.
- The last day of school is Friday, June 7th.
Laura Ashley and Desiree