This week in the Sky Room we have been continuing to learn all about Fruits and Vegetables! Learning about fruits and vegetables, paired with Daylight Savings Time AND our growing 2 and 3 year old bodies has made us all VERY hungry this week. :) We have also been talking about Spring Break, and how we won’t be in school for 2 whole weeks!
- We talked a bit about St. Patrick’s Day, and explained that this is a holiday celebrated in the United States AND Ireland that happens every year on March 17th.
- We continued to practice our cutting skills using our kid-friendly scissors. Some students cut up paper and used tape to create a little book!
- We made our very own leprechaun masks using paper plates with the middle cut out, orange paint, and added on some green hats as well!
- We painted some watermelons! We painted our watermelons green, and then the students had the choice to either cut snips of pink paper, or, use their hands to tear small pieces up and paste inside the middle of the watermelon. We then asked the students to pick a number 1-10 and count out tiny black “seeds” (black pieces of paper), and paste them onto the watermelon.
- We cooked Pizza Bagels with our Rainbow Room friends! The students loved assembling their individual pizzas and then had to practice patiently waiting for them to cook.
Songs We Sang:
- “Victor Vito"
- “If You’re Happy and You Know It”
- “Down By The Bay"
Books We Read:
- If You Give A Dog A Donut, by Laura Numeroff
- I Can Eat a Rainbow”, by Annabel Karmel
- The Spiffiest Giant in Town, by Julia Donaldson
- MCS will be closed for Spring Break the weeks of March 18 and March 25 and will reopen on Monday, April 1st.
Laura, Desiree, and Ashley