This week the Sky Room has been continuing to learn all about Valentine’s Day! Here are some of fun activities that we’ve been enjoying!
- We made silly Valentine’s Day animal faces. The students chose from a panda, tiger, or bunny to create using all different size and color hearts.
- We made pink slime! The students were fascinated by this science activity. By mixing a bottle of Elmer’s glue, baking soda, contact solution and food coloring, we watched this pink slime come to life. The students LOVED holding the slime and described how ‘gooey’ it felt.
- On Thursday, the students passed around their Valentine’s for each other. Each student was given a bag to decorate, and we took turns passing out the Valentine’s. The students did such a good job waiting their turns!
- We made red pancakes! The students had so much fun with this cooking activity. They loved watched the white batter turn from beige to red – and loved eating the pancakes even more!
Songs We Sang:
- If You Love Me and You Know It Clap Your Hands
- I’m A Little Valentine (Sung to I’m A Little Teapot)
- 5 Little Hearts
Books We Read:
- The Biggest Kiss, by Joanna Walsh
- Pete The Cat Valentine’s Day Is Cool, by James Dean and Kimberly Dean
- I Love You All Day Long, by Francesca Rusackas
- MCS will be closed from Monday, 2/18 and will re-open on Thursday, 2/21 for President’s Day.
Have a great long weekend and looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday, 2/21!
Laura Desiree and Ashley