We have been continuing to learn all about Winter and snow this week in the Sky Room. The students have been really enjoying hearing about the winter weather, and making predictions about if and when it may snow!
- After reading “The Snowy Day”, by Ezra Jack Keats, each student created their own “snowy day” scene using water color and glue. After the students water-colored their papers using thin paintbrushes, they pasted the main character, Peter, on top of their snow.
- We made our first ever patterns using snowmen wearing different colored hats! The students learned what an AB pattern is, and chose two colors to use to make their own unique patterns.
- We made play dough with the Rainbow Room!
- We had so much fun on a playdate with the big 4-year-olds in the Yellow Room
- Using shaving cream and paint, we decorated “puffy” hats and mittens
Songs We Sang:
- “Winter Song"
- “Snow Happy"
Books We Read:
- “Sam The Snowman”, by Susan Winget
- “The Snowy Day”, by Ezra Jack Keats
- “The Biggest Snowball Ever!”, by John Rogan
- The Winter Benefit is on Friday, January 25th. Please RSVP if you have not yet done so and are planning to come. We look forward to seeing you there!
- MCS is closed Monday, 1/21 and Tuesday, 1/22
Laura Desiree and Ashley