- Back to School/Harvest
Books We Read:
- When Autumn Comes, by Robert Maas
- The Fox and the Falling Leaves, by Julia Rawlinson
- The Leaves on the Trees, by Thome Wiley
- In the Math and Writing Centers, the children created an “All About Me” cloud where they were asked questions about themselves and then traced their answers onto strips of different colored construction paper. They then arranged the strips of paper into a rainbow pattern and glued them to a cloud with their name.
- The class also completed a four part “Back to School” story sequencing puzzle.
- We made funny fox faces using paper leaves in the Art Center.
- The children practiced spelling their name by arranging letter tiles that where hidden in our sensory bin.
- The class had a great time building cities in the Block Center.
- We made our own applesauce with Chef Nicole in our Cooking Center.
Letter of the Week:
- We made a chart of all the words we know beginning with the letter “F”.
Something Fun We Did:
- Lucas’ father came in and taught us all about the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival!
- The children loved learning about the traditions of the festival, especially about eating mooncakes!
- If you would like to try mooncakes yourself, Lucas’ family recommends The Tai Pan Bakery http://www.taipanbakery.com/
Dates to Remember:
- 10/3 PA Picnic
- 10/4 Curriculum Night
Have a lovely weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex