It was a lovely week in the Red Room. Here are some of our activities:
- Math and Measurement
- In the Math center, we discussed different ways to measure an object. The students then drew a picture of a bug and chose a material from the classroom to use as their unit of measurement. The children chose lego pieces, unifix cubes, and even pasta to figure out the measurements of their bugs!
- In the Art center, the children worked on special gifts for their grown-ups.
- In the building center, the children used cardboard, boxes, and paint to build our very own addition robot! The children would place one amount of objects in one tube and a different amount in the other. The two tubes would empty together into a basket which allowed us to count how many we had all together.
- We made and decorated butterfly shaped cookies in the Cooking center.
Something Fun We Did:
- We set our butterflies and ladybugs free on Tuesday! After enjoying watching our ladybugs and butterflies grown from larvae and caterpillars to full grown adult bugs, we knew it was time to set them free. We put on our newly made butterfly wings and took the habitats up to the roof to let the bugs go. However, we think they just may come back to enjoy our freshly planted garden!
Letter of the Week:
Who Was In The Barn?
Dates to Remember:
- 5/15: Brooklyn Bridge Trip. Early dismissal on this day.
Have a great weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex