It’s finally starting to feel like Spring! Here are some of our seasonal activities:
- Plant Life Cycles
- We made patterns using lime beans, sunflower seeds, and corn kernels in the Math Center
- The children used collage materials to create a diagram of a flower’s life cycle in the Art Center, and then labeled each part of the cycle in the Writing Center.
- In the Science Center, the children learned about “Osmosis”, the process where plant root systems absorb water and transport it through tiny tubes to the leaves of the plant. Once there, the sun helps to convert the water into food through the process called “Photosyntheis”. We demonstrated how flowers take in water by observing these tubes in celery stalks. We then placed a celery stalk in a pitcher of blue water and one in a pitcher of red water. The next morning the children observed that the leaves on the celery had changed to blue and red, and the water level in the pitchers had lowered, showing that the celery had absorbed the water and the tubes had carried it up to the leaves!
Letter of the Week:
Who was in the barn?
Dates to Remember:
- 4/19 School Closed for Good Friday
- 4/25-4/26 School Closed for Parent/Teacher Conferences
Have a great weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex