We’re learning all about cycles this week in the Red Room. Here are some of our activities:
- Life Cycles
- The Life Cycle of a Butterfly, by Robin Bernard
- From Tadpole to Frog, by Jan Kottke
- The Life Cycle of a Chicken, by Lisa Trumbauer
- In the math center, we measured how many ladybugs could fit across the length of a leaf.
- In the writing center, we drew the different parts of the life cycle of a ladybug.
- In the art center, we made large symmetrical butterfly wings to wear when we release our butterflies when they hatch from their chrysalis’.
- We also created and labeled the parts of a butterfly life cycle using different types of pasta.
- Our butterflies or in their chrysalis’ and the ladybugs are in their pupa phase. Soon they will be in the adult phase of their cycle and we will release them next week!
Letter of the Week:
Who Was In The Barn?
Dates to remember:
- 5/15 Brooklyn Bridge Trip
- 5/31 Field Day
Have a nice weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex