The Red Room turned green this week! Here are some of our Earth Day activities:
- Earth Day
- The Red Room learned all about the 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! If we try to do these things every day we can have a healthier more beautiful Earth.
Books We Read:
- Recycling Day, by Edward Miller
- The Three R’s: Reuse, Reduce, Recycle, by Nurica Roca
- Arthur Turns Green, by Marc Brown
- After learning about the 3 R’s, the Red Room decided to recycle and reuse the cardboard Gingerbread House we had decorated in the winter. We painted the house green, cut out windows and added plastic to them to make a greenhouse!
- We wrote about different ways we can help the earth in the Writing Center.
- The students made beautiful planet Earths in the Art Center by reusing old newspaper and watercolor paint.
Letter of the Week:
Some Fun Things We Did:
- Our ladybug and butterfly larvae arrived! We are keeping them in special habitats and will be watching them grow and transform over the next few weeks.
- We started a new Book Club book! After finishing Judy Moody Was In A Mood we decided to read a story about her little brother, Stink. Our new book is called Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid.
Dates to Remember:
- 4/25-4/26 Parent/Teacher Conferences. School is closed on these days.
Have a Green Weekend!
The Red Room Teachers