Welcome back! The children were excited to get back into the swing of things! Here are some of our activities:
Books We Read:
- The Tiny Seed, by Eric Carle
- Freddy the Frogcaster, by Janice Dean
- In the Math Center, we worked on simple addition. The children made a flower with two different colored petals. They counted how many of each color they had and then counted the amount of total petals. We also made flowers out of paper plates and then glued on seeds into the middle of the plate and counted how many we had altogether.
- In the Art Center, the children drew portraits of themselves holding an umbrella. They then used blue watercolor and brushes to splatter paint a rainy day scene.
- In the Writing Center, the children described and wrote about what they enjoy doing on a rainy day.
Letter of the Week:
- In the Cooking Center we celebrated the letter “C” by making carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!
Who was in the barn?
Dates to Remember:
- 4/10 Writopia Film Festival 1:30 pm. Every child should have one adult.
- 4/19 Good Friday-School Closed
- 4/25-4/26 Parent/Teacher Conferences
Have a great weekend!
The Red Room Teachers