The countdown has begun! We are so close to the 100th day of school! Here are some of our big number activities:
- 100 Days of School!
Books We Read:
- 100 Days of School by, Trudy Harris
- The Night Before the 100th Day of School by, Natasha Wing
- 100th Day Worries by, Margery Cuyler
- In the Writing Center, we wrote about what we would do if we had $100 to spend. We then used a fun computer program to put our faces on a $100 bill.
- The children worked together to pull 100 blocks to build with from the shelves in the Block Center and then tried building with 100 plastic cups.
- In the Math Center, we practiced counting by tens by placing paper stars labeled with numerals in order from 10-100.
Some Other Fun 100 Days activities:
- 100 (+) Acts of Kindness: We made a paper Kindness Chain in the room! Every day the children and teachers would discuss any acts of kindness they saw other children doing that day. Those children would add a link to our chain and soon we had over 100 acts of kindness!
- We wrote 100 words! Every student thought of five different words they wanted to spell and we wrote them all down in a binder. We then brainstormed as a class to come up with ten additional words.
- We made 100th Day crowns using ten strips of paper and adding 10 stickers to each strip
- We wrote a Googol (1 followed by one hundred zeroes)! The class worked together to write and decorate one hundred zeroes after the number one.
Dates to Remember:
- 3/5 100 Days of School! Party for kids only, please send your child to school wearing red!
- 3/15 Last day of school before Spring Break
Have a great weekend!
The Red Room Teachers