Love was in the air this week in the Red Room. Here are some of our heartfelt activities:
- Valentine’s Day
Books We Read:
- The Queen of Hearts by, Mary Engelbreit
- Love, Ruby Valentine by, Laurie Friedman
- We colored boxes to hold our Valentines in and made a special gift for a loved one in the art center.
- The children decorated hearts and wrote Vday messages in the writing center.
- In the math center the children measured the length of a paper heart using heart candies.
- In the science center, the children explored momentum by building different ramps with wooden blocks and rolling objects such as toy cars and balls down them. We then made a chart of which objects rolled the farthest and the fastest.
- We cooked Brunch for Lunch in the cooking center! The children worked together to write menus and make a delicious lunch for each other. The menu included grilled cheese, pancakes, and fruit parfaits.
Something Fun We Did:
- Dental hygienist Clara visited us to teach us about taking care of our teeth!
Letter of the Week:
- 2/2/18-2/20 School Closed
Have a great weekend.
The Red Room Teachers