Welcome back to 2019! Here are some of the New Year activities we enjoyed:
Some Books We Read:
- The Little Penguin, by A.J. Wood
- The Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats
- There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow!, by Lucille Colandro
- There was some tricky business in the science center! Somehow, a few of our toys got frozen into ice cubes! The children used warm and cold water, salt, and vinegar to try and quickly melt the ice and set the toys free!
- In the math center, the children created snowy day pictures and counted how many white and blue snowflakes they had in their scene. They then added the two amounts to determine how many they had all together.
- We drew and wrote about our 2019 resolution wishes in the writing center.
- We built a cozy hibernation den in the block center.
- We welcomed our new friend Pedro into the classroom!
Dates to Remember:
- 1/21-1/22 School Closed
- 1/25 Winter Benefit
- 2/18-2/20 School Closed
Have a cozy weekend!
Your Red Room Teachers