Our little ballerinas and ballerinos had a busy week! Here are some of our activities:
Books We Read:
- Sammy Spider’s First Hanukkah, by Sylvia A. Rouss
- Eight Candles To Light, by Jonny Zucker
- The Borrowed Hanukkah Latkes, by Linda Glaser
- The children made a menorah with patterned paper in the art center.
- In the math center, the class learned the five basic foot positions in ballet. We then took pictures of the children doing each position, printed them out, and glued them in sequential order.
- We made delicious latkes in the cooking center.
Some Fun Things We Did:
- Roarke’s mother talked to us about Hanukkah and taught us how to play the dreidel game!
- Our ABT instructor came to school and taught us some special choreography that we’ll perform at our field trip next week.
Hour of Code:
- The kids worked together to write coding tracks for the Ozobots to read and follow.
- After building a maze with wooden blocks, the children took turns being the "programmer" and used paper arrows as “code” to lead their classmates through all the twists and turns.
Who Was in the Barn?
Letter of the Week:
Dates to Remember:
- 12/11 ABT trip, no school that day
- 12/20 Holiday Party 8:45 am-9:15 am
Ms. Brenna, Mr. Alex, and Ms. Nicole