It was a very exciting week in the Red Room! Here are some activities we enjoyed:
- We finished our Nutcracker theme with a very special visit to the ABT studios. The children loved participating in a dance class, art project, and hearing the story of The Nutcracker. The grand finale of our trip was a beautiful dance by two young ABT students who were just seventeen years old!
- The Gingerbread Man, by Jim Aytesworth
- Gingerbread Baby, by Jan Brett
- The Gingerbread Cowboy, by Janet Squires
- We drew and wrote about our favorite ABT experience in the writing center.
- In the art center, the children worked together to color a large cardboard gingerbread house. When it is finished, it will be big enough for a student to fit in!
- We mixed cinnamon, applesauce and glue to make a special holiday surprise in the cooking center.
- We used gumdrops to make sweet patterns in the math center.
Letter of the Week:
- 12/20 Last day of school and class Holiday party 8:45 am-9:15 am. Families are welcome!
The Red Room Teachers