The Red Room began a new author study this week focusing on the works of Eric Carle. Here are some of the activities we worked on:
Eric Carle Books:
- Papa, Please Get the Moon For Me
- The Very Busy Spider
- The Grouchy Ladybug
- 10 Little Rubber Ducks
- Little Cloud
- The Mixed-Up Chameleon
- The class experimented with different ways to add up to ten in the math center. The children were given ten yellow ducks and had to divide them between two ponds. They then counted the amounts in each pond and discovered the different numerals that can be added together to total ten!
- The children also learned about time and sequencing when they made a clock with the different characters from The Grouchy Ladybug.
- Photos, paints, and popsicle sticks were used to recreate an illustration from Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me depicting the children climbing a ladder to the moon in the art center. It took us three days to finish the entire project!
- We also made a rainbow patterned chameleon, inspired by The Mixed-Up Chameleon.
- After reading Little Cloud the children mixed glue and shaving cream to make a puffy paint in the science center and then used it to make fluffy cloud pictures.
Who Was In The Barn?
Letter of the Week:
Dates to Remember:
- 11/12-11/13 Parent Teacher Conferences
- 11/15 Picture Day!
- 11/20 Thanksgiving Festival
Have a great weekend!
Brenna, Nicole, andAlex