It was a very exciting week in the Red Room! Here are some of our enchanting activities:
- The Nutcracker and Ballet
- The class learned that people who dance in the ballet are called Ballerinas and Ballerinos (the Italian word for a male dancer).
- We read five versions of The Nutcracker! We noticed that the stories had a lot in common but some details were a little different. For example, in some books the main character is named Clara while in others she is named Marie!
- In the math center the children sorted different candies that might be found in the Land of Sweets. We then filled in a chart to determine which was the most amount of candy we had and which was the least.
- In the art center we created ballerina and ballerino outfits using our hands and paint.
- We recreated the Land of Sweets in the block center using colored circles and patterned tape.
- The children built nutcrackers using paper rectangle and circle shapes and wrote about them in the writing center.
- We worked on our fine motor skills by cutting out paper snowflakes, ballerinas, and nutcracker shapes.
- We used the Code-A-Piller to get ready for our Hour of Code on Monday, December 3rd.
Letter of the Week:
Who Was In The Barn?
Dates to Remember:
- 12/11 9:30am-12:20pm ABT Studios trip. Every child must have one chaperone. We will meet and dismiss from the studio. There is no school on this day. Please no siblings!
- 12/20 8:30am-9:15am Holiday Party and last day of school before break! 2:30pm dismissal as usual.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex