Fall has finally arrived! Here are some of our autumnal activities:
Books We Read:
- Pumpkins by, Ken Robbins
- Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden by, George Levenson
- Pumpkin Pumpkin by, Jeanne Titherington
- Each student chose a community helper costume from the Dramatic Play center and wrote about how they help the community in the Writing center.
- In the Art center the children made a pumpkin with paper plates and crayons. They also colored pictures of the different stages of a pumpkin’s life cycle and sequenced them around their pumpkin plates.
- The Math center had us counting kernels! Each child chose a number between ten and twenty and glued that amount of bead “kernels” onto a paper corn. They then practiced writing the number.
- The class explored the insides of a pumpkin in the Science center. We cut open two pumpkins and the kids bravely pulled the squishy pulp out to investigate the seeds inside.
- We baked a delicious apple crisp treat in the Cooking center.
- 10/23 Botanical Garden Trip
- 10/31 Halloween! Please send your child to school in their costume.
- 11/12-11/13 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/20 Thanksgiving Festival at 1:30pm. Every child needs one adult.
Have a lovely weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex