Great to see you at Curriculum Night! It was another busy week in the Red Room... Here are some of our activities:
Books We Read:
- Fall, byTanya Thayer
- Leaf Trouble, by Jonathan Emmet
- We sorted leaves by color and made leaf patterns in the Math Center
- The children drew and wrote about things that happen in the fall during our Writing Center
- In the Science Center, the children mixed equal parts water, flour, and salt with a few drops of food coloring to make their own paint.
- We collaged pictures of leaves to make an Autumnal Hedgehog in the Art Center.
- The children used real corn, squash, and gourds to build a Farmer’s Market in the Block Center.
Letter of the Week:
- We made a list of all the “E” words we know and played an “E” sorting game on the SMART Board
Dates To Remember:
- 10/8-10/9 School Closed
- 10/23 Botanical Gardens Trip
Have a lovely weekend!
Your Red Room Teachers