Things are getting a little spooky in the Red Room! Here are some of our haunted activities:
Books We Read:
- The Biggest Pumpkin Ever, by,Steven Knoll
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat!, by Lucille Colandro
- In our writing center, each student created their own haunted house and wrote about which Halloween creature was lurking inside.
- We had a visit from our old friend Mat Man! We put him together but added wings and fangs to make him “Bat Mat Man”! The kids had a great time drawing him in his Halloween costume.
- We learned about estimation in the math center. The children guessed or “estimated” how many pumpkin seeds they could hold in their hand. We then counted the actual amount to see how close our estimate was.
- We also worked on Halloween picture patterns.
- There were lots of spooky projects in our art center when we made toilet paper rolls transform into upside down bats!
- We made fluffy slime in the science center using glue, contact solution, shaving cream, and lots of different food coloring. The children learned that if you don’t follow the recipe exactly then the slime becomes very hard, but if the proportions are correct you can create a really slippery and slimy concoction!
Who was in the barn?
Letter of the Week:
Something Fun We Did:
- We went on our trip to the New York Botanical Gardens!
- We had a great time at the edible farm exhibit. The children planted seeds and basil plants, harvested and tasted spinach and carrots, and helped water the gardens. Thank you to our chaperones who helped make this trip such a success!
Dates to Remember:
- 10/31 Halloween! Parents are welcome to join us in the classroom from 8:30am-9am
- 11/12-11/13 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/15 Photo Day
Have a great weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex