This week in the Red Room was out of this world! Here are some of our intergalactic activities:
Books We Read:
- Mae Among The Stars, by Roda Ahmed
- I want to Be an Astronaut, by Byron Barton
- Stars, by Steve Tomecek
- We used yellow paint and Q-tips to build constellations in the art Center.
- We sequenced the planets in the solar system and made space rocket patterns in the math center.
- We mixed flour and baby oil to make malleable moon sand in the science center.
- The class built a sturdy space station in the Block Center.
- We had a pasta party in the cooking center!
Something Fun We Did:
- Estelle’s dad visited the room and taught us all about construction and bridges!
- We celebrated May Birthday Day!
Letters of the Week:
- T, I, and J
Dates to Remember:
- 5/27 Memorial day
- 5/31 Field day 10am-1pm. We will be meeting and dismissing from Central Park
- 6/7 Last Day of School. Party 8:30am-9:15am.
Have a lovely long weekend!
Ms. Brenna, Ms. Nicole, and Mr. Alex