We had a great week in the Panda Room learning all about Cultures Around the World, specifically Italy.
Books we read:
- Seal's Silly Sandwich, by Dorothy J. Sklar
- Italy, by Susan Canizares and Betsey Chessen
- What Do You Do With an Idea?, by Kobi Yamada
- Had our Letter of the Week “S”
- This week we started our cultures unit! We introduced Italy and took a look at our large world map!
- During centers we played a nth game with the Trevi Fountain and Worked on our gross motor skills by throwing coins into our own Trevi Fountain.
- We also learned about artists and inventors. The children laid on the floor and looked up under the table and drew pictures to see what it was like to paint the Sistine Chapel.
- Then we talked about Galileo and read a book all about it. After we read What Do You Do With an Idea? and made up our own inventions.
- During classroom art we made our own Mona Lisas
Theme this week:
- We talked about Italy
- Next week we will continue our Cultures Unit focusing on Australia
- Cultures Festival- Feb 8th from 9-10... please reach out to me with the country or region you plan to represent and if you have any questions!!! We can't wait to see what you make
Have a great weekend!
The Panda Room Teachers