We had a great week in the Panda Room learning all about Kindness and Giving Back
Books we read:
- The Yak Who Yelled Yuck, by Carol Pugliano-Martin
- One, by Kathryn Otoshi
- One Rainy Day, Tami Salsano (read by Aaran)
Classroom Activities aka THEATER WEEK UPDATE:
- Had our Letter of the Week “Y”
- This week the children really focused on kindness and what it means to make others feel good
- After we read One, the children picked names out of a hat and wrote each other letters about why that person makes them feel happy. This took a full hour to complete but the children worked VERY HARD!!
- This year we are not doing ALSF but we are working closely with an organization called No Limits which caters to deaf children. We are busy learning some sign language in the Panda Room and look forward to working with No Limits this year in a very special way!
- As the weather is FINALLY starting to shift the pandas worked hard making popsicles for our bulletin board. They came out super cute and they almost look good enough to eat!
Theme this week:
- We talked about Kindness and Giving back
- Next week we will be continuing this theme
- 5/31- victorian gardens trip- every child must have an adult and bring a brown bagged lunch!
- Class End of Year Party-- More info to come but it will be the last day of school!
The Panda Room Teachers