Below is an update on the many fun activities that we were engaged in this last week of school, as we learned about Father's Day!!!
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!!!
Books we read:
- Just Like Daddy, by Frank Asch.
- My Daddy Snores, by Nancy H. Rothstein.
- Over in the Ocean, In a Coral Reef, by Marianne Berkes.
- Piggies in Pajamas, by Michelle Meadows.
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang Going on A Bear Hunt and These are my Favorite Things.
- In Movement with Lindsay we pretended we were on the beach, enjoying the sun, playing in the sand and having a beach party.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Mommy’s Khimar, by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow, and There’s No Such Thing as a Dragon, by Jack Kent.
- In Art we painted on the window using red, yellow and blue paint; we also enjoyed finding hidden treasure beneath the blue sand at the light table.
- We created fun collages of animals and insects – including dinosaurs, lady bugs, butterflies, pigs and sheep.
- We practiced our lacing, on fun zoo and farm animal cut outs.
- We made a cute surprise for our Daddy’s for Father’s Day!!
- We created beautiful Summer Fun pictures – using beach balls, sandals, and sand castles.
Highlight: We talked about Father’s Day and what special things we like to do with our Daddy.
Theme: FATHER'S DAY
(To the tune of: B-I-N-G-O)
I love him and he loves me
And daddy is his name o
And daddy is his name o!!
END OF YEAR PAJAMA CLASS PARTY
- Garden 3AM Friday 6/7/19 11:15 - 11:45am
- Garden 2AM Thursday 6/6/19 11:15 11:45am
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings for 2AM
- Friday mornings for 3AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers Ms. Coleen, Ms. Karen and Ms. Mildred