We had a great week in the Garden Room, as we continued learning and singing different nursery rhymes!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- Hey, Diddle, Diddle and other Favorite Nursery Rhymes Illustrated by Hannah Wood
- Row Row Row Your Boat, Told and Illustrated by Iza Trapani
- Mary Had a Little Lamb, Illustrated by Liza Woodruff
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang It’s A Small World After All and Doe-A-Deer.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we hopped around like kangaroos and collected colorful ‘hats’, and we practiced using the hula hoops.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read The Crayon Box That Talked, by Shane DeRolf.
- In Art we built various structures using colorful shapes at the light table, we enjoyed working with clay using different tools, and we practiced our drawing on the dry erase boards.
- We sang many nursery rhymes including Mary Had a Little Lamb, This Little Piggy, and Little Miss Muffet.
- We created Mary’s Little Lamb, by gluing soft white cotton balls together, and we added eyes and the feet.
- We made Itsy Bitsy spiders, using a toilet paper roll, black paint and shimmery blue glitter, then we added silly colorful eyes to our spiders.
- We used fun animal stamps with colorful stamp pads, to create beautiful pictures.
Highlight: We enjoyed going to the school-wide assembly and as a class we spoke about the many fun things we will do over the spring break!!
Theme: Nursery Rhymes
Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Mary had a little lamb,
- It’s fleece was white as snow.
- And everywhere that Mary went,
- The lamb was sure to go.
- It followed her to school one day,
- Which was against the rules.
- It made the children laugh and play
- To see a lamb at school.
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
Have a wonderful and safe SPRING BREAK!!!
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Karen and Ms. Mildred