We had a great week in the Garden Room, learning about the many different feelings we can have!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- If You’re Happy And You Know It (Jungle Version), by James Warhola
- The Pout Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen
- Do You Want To Be My Friend, by Eric Carle
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang A Bushel and A Peck and It’s Raining It’s Pouring.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we practiced our gymnastics while navigating an obstacle course, and we had fun on the climbing wall.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Clifford’s First Valentine, by Norman Bridwell.
- In Art we experimented by dropping different objects (wood chips, rocks, corks) in water; we also discovered the rainbow hidden under the black sand, and we strung colorful beads together.
- We talked about how we were feeling ‘today’ and selected a Feelings Face Mask to express our feeling.
- We created our own Pout Pout fish – using blue paint, adding goggly eyes and a pom pom nose, then we selected either a smile or a frown for the mouth.
- We decorated picture frames for our ‘feelings pictures’ using various colored shapes.
- We had fun looking in the mirror and expressed how we were feeling by making different faces.
Highlight: We enjoyed exploring the snow in our sensory bin – discovering many animals that enjoy the cold winter weather.
- I HAVE FEELINGS, YOU DO TOO
- LET’S ALL SING ABOUT A FEW.
- I AM HAPPY, I AM SAD,
- I GET SCARED, I GET MAD.
- I AM PROUD OF BEING ME,
- THAT’S A FEELING TOO YOU SEE.
- I HAVE FEELINGS, YOU DO TOO,
- WE JUST SANG ABOUT A FEW.
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Karen and Ms. Mildred