Happy New Year!!
We were all very excited to be back at school, and we had a great week in the Garden Room!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- The Mitten, by Jan Brett
- Clifford’s First Snow Day, by Norman Bridwell
- I See Winter, by Charles Ghigna
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang Twinkle, Twinkle and It’s a Small World, and we enjoyed playing with our kazoos.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we practiced many different yoga poses, and pretended to fly away on our yoga mats.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Ready Rabbit gets Ready! By Brenna Maloney.
- We decorated our own beautiful winter sweater, with colorful sequins, glitter and gems.
- We created wintery snowflakes, using white snow and sparkly glitter.
- We made winter collages, using various colored foam winter stickers.
- We enjoyed the school-wide assembly, singing fun songs with Noel.
Highlight: We enjoyed talking about our holiday adventures, including the fun things we did with our families over the holidays.
- 1 little snowflake with nothing to do,
- Along came another, and then there were 2.
- 2 little snowflakes, laughing with me,
- Along came another, and then there were 3.
- 3 little snowflakes, looking for some more,
- Along came another, and then there were 4.
- 4 little snowflakes, dancing a jive,
- Along came another, and then there were 5.
- 5 little snowflakes, having so much fun,
- Out came the sun, and then there were none!!
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
Winter Benefit – January 25th, 2019 at 6:30pm, looking forward to seeing you!!
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers