We had a very exciting week in the Garden Room learning about the holidays!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- Snow, by Uri Shulevitz
- Celebrating Chanukah – Eight Nights, by Debbie Martinez
- Clifford’s First Christmas, by Norman Bridwell
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah and Jingle Bells.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we pretended to be winter animals – penguins, polar bears, and reindeer; we also took turns playing the pan drum.
- In Art we painted paddles using sparkly silver paint, and we built different structures using colorful shapes.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read The Gingerbread Boy, by Richard Egielski.
- We made fun dreidels using colorful foam letters and glitter.
- In celebration of Hour of Code – we played freeze dance using our stoplight (Red – Stop, Yellow – Slow, Green – Go).
- We used holiday stickers to create a festive collage.
- We created yummy candy canes, using marbles, red paint and glitter.
Theme: The Holidays - Hanukkah and Christmas
- 5 LITTLE GINGERBREAD
- 5 Little Gingerbread Lying on a Tray,
- 1 Jumped Up and Ran Away
- Catch Me, Catch Me, Catch Me If You Can!
- I Run Real Fast, I’m the Gingerbread Man.
- No More Gingerbread Lying on a Tray,
- They All Jumped Up and Ran Away!!
Highlight: We embraced Hour of Code, by using only visual cues using our stoplight (Red – Stop, Yellow – Slow, Green – Go).
Save The Date – For Our Holiday Class Party!!! Every child must have a parent/caregiver in attendance.
- Garden 3 AM – Wednesday, December 19th, 11:15 –11:45 am
- Garden 2 AM – Thursday, December 20th, 11:15 – 11:45 am
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2 AM
- Friday mornings – for 3 AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Naya and Ms. Mildred