We had a very exciting week in the Garden Room!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we did this week as we learned about the Holiday.
Books we read:
- Snow, by Roy McKie and P.D. Eastman
- Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah, by Susan L. Roth
- Pete the cat Saves Christmas, by Eric Litwin
Activities with Specialists:
- In Movement with Lindsay, we helped Santa find the ‘presents’ hidden throughout the gym and we used circular shapes as steering wheels, as we drove around the gym.
- In Art we decorated our paddles using sparkly gems and white feathers.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Ella Sarah Gets Dressed by Margaret Chodos-Irvine.
- We made menorahs using blue paint, silver glitter, and orange and yellow pom poms.
- We created beautiful snowflakes, using glitter glue, buttons and sparkly blue and silver pom poms.
- We used red play doh and holiday shapes (reindeer, dreidel, snowman) to make fun creations.
- We painted our cardboard Christmas trees the color green, and added a bright yellow star and sparkly decorations.
Theme: The Holidays - Hanukkah and Christmas
Highlight: We enjoyed the school-wide assembly, singing along to holiday songs with Noel.
- TAKE A POTATO
- Take a potato, Pat, Pat, Pat
- Roll it and Make it
- Flat, Flat, Flat
- Fry it in a pan, with Fat, Fat, Fat
- Hanukkah latkes just like that!!
Save The Date – For Our Holiday Class Party!!! Every child must have a parent/caregiver in attendance.
- Garden 3 AM – Wednesday, December 19th, 11:15 –11:45 am
- Garden 2 AM – Thursday, December 20th, 11:15 – 11:45 am
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2 AM
- Friday mornings – for 3 AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Naya and Ms. Mildred