We had a very exciting week in the Garden Room, as we started talking about Thanksgiving!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- What Is Thanksgiving?, by Harriet Ziefert
- 10 Fat Turkeys, by Tony Johnston
- My Friend Bear, by Jez Alborough
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang I’ve Been Working on The Railroad and the A Bushel and A Peck.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we used colorful scarfs to paint a rainbow and we danced like turkeys.
- In Art, we painted using various round objects to create fun circular designs, and we played with various colored foam shapes.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Happy Halloween Biscuit, by Alyssa Satin Capucilli.
- We made our Thanksgiving wreaths, using lovely colorful foam shapes, colored pasta and beautiful feathers.
- We completed our classroom Turkey, using colorful feathers and glitter. (See our turkey on the classroom door).
- We made delicious corn, using orange and brown dot markers and colorful foam ‘kernels’.
- We created colorful Thanksgiving collages using fun sparkly stickers.
Highlight: As a class we enjoyed decorating the large wings for our classroom ‘turkey’ using colorful feathers.
- I’m A Little Turkey Song
- I’m a Little Turkey
- My Name is Ted
- Here are My Feathers
- Here is My Head
- Gobble, Gobble, Gobble
- Is What I Say
- Quick Run
- It’s Thanksgiving Day!!!
- Parent Teacher Conferences – are next week Monday 11/12 and Tuesday 11/13 – See you at your individual conference time.
- Save The Date – For Our Thanksgiving Class Party!!! Every child must have a parent/caregiver in attendance.
- Garden 3AM – Monday, November 19th, 11:15 –11:45am
- Garden 2AM – Tuesday, November 20th, 11:15 – 11:45am
- Garden 3AM – Wednesday, November 14th, 2018
- Garden 2AM – Thursday, November 15th, 2018
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Naya and Ms. Mildred