I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break.
We had a very exciting week in the Garden Room as we learned about shapes!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- City Shapes, by Diana Murray
- The Snake Shapes Book, by Gene Yates
- Pete the Cat – Rocking in My School Shoes, by Eric Litwin
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang Jingle Bells, The Latke Song and White Christmas.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we made music using fun clappers, and enjoyed playing with colorful scarfs.
- In Art we explored liquid tiles – watching the colors form various shapes, and we discovered the many items in the feely bin – colorful feathers, foam letters, and different textured pompoms.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Bears in the Snow by Shirley Parenteau and we practiced spelling our name.
- We made different forms of transportation using colorful shapes.
- We constructed a house from various foam shapes.
- We used shape stickers to create a colorful shape collage.
- We played with different shaped magnetic blocks.
Highlight: We enjoyed using various shapes as steering wheels, as we sang our shape song.
- Shape Song (Tune of Farmer in the Dell)
- A circle is like a ball, a circle is like a ball!!
- Round and round, it never stops, a circle is like a ball.
- A square is like a box, a square is like a box!!
- It has four sides, they’re all the same, a square is like a box.
- A triangle has 3 sides, a triangle has 3 sides!!
- Up the mountain, down and back, a triangle has 3 sides.
-Save The Date – For Our Holiday Class Party!!! Every child must have a parent/caregiver in attendance.
- Garden 3 AM – Wednesday, December 19th, 11:15 –11:45 am
- Garden 2 AM – Thursday, November 20th, 11:15 – 11:45 am
-Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2 AM
- Friday mornings – for 3 AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Naya and Ms. Mildred