Below is an update on the many fun activities that we were engaged in this week as we learned about all the fun letters in the alphabet!!!
Books we read:
- ABC Amimal Jamboree, by Giles Andreae
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault
- Animals A to Z, by David McPhail
- Eating the Alphabet – Fruits & Vegetables from A to Z, by Lois Ehlert
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang and read along to We All Sing With the Same Voice, by J. Philip Miller and I Don’t Want to live on the Moon, by Jeff Moss.
- In Movement with Lindsay we took turns playing the accordion, we practiced our yoga poses and had a fun dance party.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Bam and Kero’s Sunday, by Yuka Shimada.
- In Art we created lovely pictures by finger painting using various color paint and we added sparkly colorful glitter.
- We each decorated the first letter of our name using pom poms and sequins.
- We created a silly Zebra, by decorating the letter ‘Z’ and adding fun colorful eyes.
- We used different color pieces of foam to collage a letter of the alphabet.
- We enjoyed playing with alphabet magnets and making the sound of each letter.
Highlight: We enjoyed working on the alphabet train puzzle together as a class.
SONG: The Alphabet Tree (to the tune of ³Are You Sleeping?²)
HERE WE GO ROUND THE,
THE ALPHABET TREE,
THE ALPHABET TREE.
HERE WE GO ROUND THE
SINGING THE SOUNDS OF LETTERS.
THIS IS THE SOUND THAT /b/ can
MAKE, ‘b’, ‘b’, ‘b’,
‘b’, ‘b’, ‘b’,
THIS IS THE SOUND THAT /b/ CAN
IN WORDS LIKE BELL AND BABY.
CENTRAL PARK ZOO TRIP (A save the date was sent out on 3/14/18)
- Garden 3AM Monday 5/20 9:45am arrival
- Garden 2AM Thursday 5/23 9:45am arrival
END OF YEAR PAJAMA CLASS PARTY
- Garden 3AM Friday 6/7/19 11:15 - 11:45am
- Garden 2AM Thursday 6/6/19 11:15 11:45am
Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings for 2AM
- Friday mornings for 3AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers Ms. Coleen, Ms. Karen and Ms. Mildred