We had a great week in the Garden Room, learning all about the qualities of a good friend!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- Rainbow Fish, by Marcus Pfister
- Friends, by Michael Foreman
- First Friends, by Lenore Blegvad
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame and we read and sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we pretended to be various animals going across the gym and we practiced our yoga poses.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Looking For a Moose, by Phyllis Root.
- In Art we painted ceramic tiles using beautiful pastel colors, we explored the feely bin, and enjoyed playing with the water beads at the light table.
- We talked about the qualities of a good friend.
- We created a friendship wreath using our handprints.
- We engaged in a fun felt board activity, sorting various pictures that showed children being ‘nice’ friends and ‘not-so-nice’ friends.
- We made colorful friendship bracelets using pipe cleaners and beads, then we exchanged bracelets with a friend in the class.
Highlight: Each child made a beaded friendship bracelet, then we exchanged friendship bracelets with our friends!!
- 1, 2, 3, YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH ME.
- 4, 5, 6, WE MAKE A PERFECT MIX.
- 7, 8, 9, WE HAVE FUN ALL THE TIME.
- SHAKE MY HAND!! SHAKE MY HAND!!
- THAT’S 10!!
-Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Karen and Ms. Mildred