We had another exciting week in the Garden Room!
Below is an update on the many fun things your children learned this week:
Books we read:
- Mouse Paint, by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- The Crayon Box that Talked, by Shane DeRolf
- Share Big Bear, Share, by Maureen Wright
Activities with Specialists:
- In Library, we practiced recognizing the letters in our name and we read Going On A Bear Hunt, by Michael Rosen.
- In Music with Noel, we played our kazoos and sang Mr. Sun and Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we pretended to be ballerinas and soldiers as we made our way across the gym, and we made lovely music using different instruments.
- In Art, we made beautiful prints after we finger painted using gooey green paint, and we using various colored markers on the white board.
- We decorated our trick-or-treat bags.
- We trick-or-treated around the school, knocking on doors and receiving great treats!!
- We learned our colors and practiced color mixing by making fun colorful hand-prints.
- We cut open our pumpkin and explored the inside of it using our hands, our eyes and our nose.
Theme: Pumpkins/ Colors
Highlight: As a class we enjoyed exploring our fun sensory colored bags, that were filled with 2 different color paints, and hidden gems that were revealed as the children mixed the colors together.
- I’m A Little Pumpkin Song (Sung to the tune of I’m A Little Teapot)
- I’m a Little Pumpkin
- Orange and Round
- Here is My Stem
- There is the Ground
- When I Get all Cut Up
- Don’t You Shout
- Just Open Me Up
- And Scoop Me Out!!!
- Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
- Parent Teacher Conferences- individual time slots were emailed:
- Monday 11/12/18 – 3AM
- Tuesday 11/13/18 – 2AM
- Picture Day:
- Wednesday 11/14/18 – 3AM
- Thursday 11/15/18 - 2AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Naya and Ms. Mildred