We had a very exciting week in the Garden Room!!
Below is an update on the many fun things your children learned this week:
Books we read:
- The Nutty Nut Chase, by Kathryn White and Vanessa Cabban
- Harvest Party, by Jennifer O'Connell
- Owl Babies, by Martin Waddell
Activities with Specialists:
- In Library, we said hello to Ms. Lindsay’s friendly seal and we read We Love You Rosie! By Cynthia Rylant.
- In Music with Noel, we sang along to the book “The Wheels on the Bus” and sang Baby Beluga.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we had fun playing various instruments as a part of the drum circle, and we played red light, green light.
- In Art, we used various colors of paint to create beautiful pictures on the easel and we built using different geometric shapes.
- We practiced doing our Jobs.
- We created a fun fall leaves using colorful jewels and glitter.
- We made pumpkin handprints using orange paint.
- We created a fun pumpkin collage using various pieces of orange and brown material.
- As a class we took turns guessing what was inside of our classroom pumpkin (great guesses – posted outside the classroom).
- I’m A Little Pumpkin Song (Sung to the tune of I’m A Little Teapot)
- I’m a Little Pumpkin
- Orange and Round
- Here is My Stem
- There is the Ground
- When I Get all Cut Up
- Don’t You Shout
- Just Open Me Up
- And Scoop Me Out!!!
- Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2AM
- Friday mornings – for 3AM
- Parent Teacher Conferences- individual time slots were emailed:
- Monday 11/12/18 – 3AM
- Tuesday 11/13/18 – 2AM
- Picture Day:
- Wednesday 11/14/18 – 3AM
- Thursday 11/15/18 - 2AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers – Ms. Coleen, Ms. Naya and Ms. Mildred