We had a very exciting week in the Garden Room learning all about WINTER!!
Below is an update on the many fun things we learned this week:
Books we read:
- Mouse’s First Snow, by Lauren Thompson
- The Little Red Sled, by Tisha Hamilton
- Will You Wear a Blue Hat?, by Scholastic
Activities with Specialists:
- In Music with Noel, we sang The Days of the Week song and If You’re Happy and You Know It.
- In Movement with Lindsay, we enjoyed doing fun yoga poses, and we pretended to be winter animals going around the gym.
- In Library with Lindsay, we read Polar Bear Morning, by Lauren Thompson.
- In Art we played with colorful connectors at the light table, and we created beautiful collages – using green, blue, and yellow paint.
- We decorated beautiful winter mittens, using different shaped shiny stickers and fluffy cotton balls.
- We created paper bag snowmen, decorating them with goggly eyes, foam buttons and a big triangle nose.
- We made winter collages, using various colored sparkly snowflake stickers.
Highlight: As a class we talked about the fun winter activities that we enjoy doing with our friends and family.
- 1 little snowflake with nothing to do,
- Along came another, and then there were 2.
- 2 little snowflakes, laughing with me,
- Along came another, and then there were 3.
- 3 little snowflakes, looking for some more,
- Along came another, and then there were 4.
- 4 little snowflakes, dancing a jive,
- Along came another, and then there were 5.
- 5 little snowflakes, having so much fun,
- Out came the sun, and then there were none!!
- Library books are due on:
- Thursday mornings – for 2 AM
- Friday mornings – for 3 AM
Have a great weekend,
Your Garden Room Teachers