We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- Little Miss Liberty, by Chris Robertson
- City Hawk: The Story of Pale Male, by Meghan McCarthy
- The Story of The Statue of Liberty, by Betsy Maestro
- The Family Book, by Todd Parr
Places we went:
- The Art Studio and the Roof to release our butterflies and ladybugs
- We continued our study of New York City.
- We performed our 5 boroughs song for Jenny, Cathy, Billie and Mimi.
- In writing we wrote about New York City in our journals.
- In Math we practiced measuring different special things in New York City like buildings, street lights and taxis.
- In Science we continued to watch the life cycles of our ladybugs and butterflies and released them onto the roof. We were sad to say goodbye but happy to know that they would be happier outdoors with more room to roam.
- We also read The Family Book and each child made a card for a special grownup in their family.
Dates to remember:
- Tuesday, May 14th-Brooklyn Bridge (one adult must be present)9am-1pm
- Friday May 31st- Field Day (one adult must be present) 9-12 (early release day)
- Friday, June 7th- Movie Morning (during arrival we will show our end of the year film)
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
Have a great weekend!
The Blue Room Teachers