We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- What’s Out There, by Lynn Wilson
- Liftoff!, by Carmen Bredeson
- Seeing Stars, by Dandi Daley Mackall
- We began our discussion of the Solar System. We were amazed at all the information the children knew about the solar system and interested to hear what questions they had about the solar system. With this in mind we began our study of the Solar System.
- With our new interest in sight words. Each child visited the writing center to create a sentence of their own. Later they used these sight words to write a story about Space. They very motivated writers whose ideas are out of this world.
- In Math we created star constellations and counted how many stars where in each of our star pictures.
- Science was all about rotation and revolution using a hula hoop and wiffle ball. We learned that the plans both rotate (spin) and revolve (travel around) the sun. This model allowed us to see the difference first hand.
Theme this week:
- Solar System
Dates to remember:
- Friday, May 31- Field Day in Central Park (location in the park to be announced): Time 9:30am-1pm, 1 adult per child
- Thursday, June 7, Movie Morning and last day of classes -we will be showing our end of the year video to the children and guests during arrival
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
The Blue Room Teachers