We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- Ladybug Lifecycle, by Justin McCory Martin
- Butterfly Life Cycle, by Jeff Bauer
- I’m a Caterpillar, by Jean Marzollo
- Butterfly, by Susan Canizares
- Next we moved on to the concept of life cycles. The children learned that life cycles are the cyclical stages of life. These stages follow a circle as they continue over and over again.
- We learned the different stages of a butterfly and ladybug’s life cycles.
- We demonstrated our knowledge of a butterfly’s life cycle on a three dimensional wheel using collage materials.
- We illustrated the ladybugs life cycle on a leaf and practiced our cutting skills by cutting out each shape.
- We also revisited symmetry and noted that both butterflies and ladybugs bodies are the same on both sides. We created symmetrical butterflies and practiced our addition by addition spots on a ladybugs back.
- We also wrote our own books about butterflies and ladybugs.
Places we went:
- Writopia Film Festival - we hope you enjoyed watching the films as much as we enjoyed making and viewing them!
Theme this week:
- Life cycles
Dates to remember:
- Tuesday, May 14th - Brooklyn Bridge (one adult must be present)
9 am-1 pm
- Friday May 31st - Field Day (one adult must be present) 9-12 (early release day)
- Thursday, June 6th - Movie Morning (during arrival we will show our end of the year film)
- Monday, June 10th - Graduation
Enjoy the weekend!
The Blue Room Teachers