We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
·Books we read:
- Take Care of The Earth Everyday, by Tammy Gagne
- Why Should I Recycle, by Jen Green
- The Adventures of an Aluminum Can, by Alison Inches
- The Lorax, by Dr. Suess
- We spent the week discussing Earth Day and the many ways to keep our Earth clean and beautiful.
- We created three dimensional globes using torn paper to illustrate our beautiful planet. We also wrote and illustrated how we show our planet love. We put these together to create Earth Day mobiles for decoration.
- We learned the three R’s-reduce, reuse and recycle. We “practiced” recycling and addition by sorting the garbage in our garbage bin. This allowed us to sort, count and practicing our addition all while recalling which items get recycled.
- We also performed "I Can See Clearly Now" at our April Assembly (see pictures).
- We also practiced reusing by painting all of the paper towel tubed brought in by you. (thank you for your help) We painted them and turned them into a new building toy. Next we collaborated with partners and documented using cameras all the different sculptures we made.
- We were also excited for the delivery of our caterpillars and ladybug larva. We are so excited to observe these life-cycles and watch them grow and change and become butterflies and ladybugs.
Theme this week: Earth Day
Dates to remember:
- Thursday and Friday, April 25th and 26th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, May 14th-Brooklyn Bridge (one adult must be present)9am-1pm
- Friday May 31st- Field Day (one adult must be present) 9-12 (early release day)
- Thursday, June 6th- Movie Morning (during arrival we will show our end of the year film)
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
Have a great weekend,
The Blue Room Teachers