We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
·Books we read:
- Wake Me Spring, by James Preller
- How a Seed Grows, by Helen J. Jordan
- My Garden, by Kevin Henkes
- Sun Flower Lifecycle, by Jeff Bauer
- A House is A House for Me, by Mary Ann Hoberman
- We were excited to see all of our classmates and teachers and welcome Spring. We talked about all the different signs of spring around us and were happy that the warmer weather means it's time to go back to the roof!
- We were also excited to share our Spring Break adventures and wrote about them in our journal.
- We began our discussion about plants. We observed and discovered that plants have different parts and learned the names for each. We also created a book of plant parts. These are displayed outside our classroom for all to see.
- In science we discovered that we eat all different parts of plants. At our observation station we observed some of these edible parts including carrots (roots), asparagus (stem), kale(leaves), broccoli (flower), and tomato (fruit).
- We also learned about the life-cycle of a flower and sang about these stages.
- In Math we practiced our addition using dice .
- We also became flower experts and illustrated our favorite flower.
- We ended the week by reading My Garden by Kevin Henkes a story about a girl who dreams of planting magical things in her own garden. We each got to “plant” and write about what we would plant in our Magic Garden.
Theme this week:
- Spring and Plants
Dates to remember:
- Thursday and Friday, April 25th and 26th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, May 14th-Brooklyn Bridge (one adult must be present)9am-1pm
- Friday May 31st- Field Day (one adult must be present) 9-12 (early release day)
- Thursday, June 6th- Movie Morning (during arrival we will show our end of the year film)
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
Have a great weekend!
The Blue Room Teachers