We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- The Night Before The 100th Day of School, by Natasha Wing
- Mr Wiggles Library, by Carol L.Thompson
- Lola at the Library, by Anna McQuinn
- Library Mouse Home Sweet Home, by Daniel Kirk
- We began the week with a celebration of the 100th Day.In the classroom we worked on our 100 challenge in small groups. First we chose a classroom material to work with and then collected 100 of them. Then we collaborated to build something for our 100th day museum. We were excited to share what we built and look at the amazing creations our friends built.
- We were excited by a visit from Zero the Hero during lunchtime. She brought us special 100th day bracelets and we practiced our superhero poses with her.
- To end the day we had a celebration in the gym with the Red, and Yellow Rooms. We did an activity in which we had to search for the number 100 in a number grid, got some physical activity as we did ten different exercises ten times each, and made a 100 cup tower. We finished off the celebration with our awesome 100th day Rice Krispies tower!
- Next we began our study of the Library. We noted the different types of libraries including public, school,classroom and home.
- We collaged bookmarks and practiced our addition with library books on a book shelf.
- We also illustrated the books that we checked out from our school library.
- We worked on skills and drills with Noel in Physical Education.
Theme this week:
· 100th Day and Library
Upcoming dates to remember-
Dates to remember:
- March 18th- Spring Break (until 4/1)
- Tuesday, April 9th – Writopia Festival (one adult must be present)
(Gym 3) 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Thursday and Friday, April 25th and 26th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, May 14th-Brooklyn Bridge (one adult must be present)
- Friday May 31st- Field Day (one adult must be present) 9-12 (early release day)
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
Have a great weekend!
The Blue Room Teachers