We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- 100TH day Worries, By Margert Cuyler
- Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten, By Joseph Slate
- 100 School Days, By Anne Rockwell
- We studied the artist, Yayoi Kusama, and each painted a work inspired by her art.
- We learned all about the number 100 in anticipation for our 100th day of school. We experimented with time when we walked in place for 100 seconds and then sat quietly for 100 seconds. For some of us it felt longer to waled in place and others it felt longer to sit quietly.
- We talked about the three digits that make up 100 and used them to create a picture. Be sure to search for these “one hundreds” outside our classroom.
- In addition, the children were excited to share their own 100 posters. We couldn’t believe how different 100 looked and were amazed that some where big and some where small.
- We talked about all the things we needed to do to get ready for the 100th day of school. We made 100 decorations using wiki stix which helped us practice making the number 100. Then we practiced counting to 100 by ten by decorating paper Celebration Cupcakes using ten different colored sprinkles. This helped us practice counting by tens.
- We made pictures using 100 dot stickers. (look for pictures of us working on these this week)
- We also made monsters with 100 different body parts.
- In Science we thought about how far one hundred drops of water would reach in our science jar. This allowed us to review liquids and solids, how to use a dropper, and of course count to 100! We were amazed that 100 drops didn’t even reach half way to the top of the jar!
- In our writing journals we wrote about what we remember from the first 100 days.
- We were also so excited about the warmer weather and were so excited to visit the roof and see the new kitchen, trucks, and basketballs.
Theme this week:
- 100th Day
Upcoming dates to remember:
- Tuesday,March 5th- 100 Days of School (at school, children only)
- March 18th- Spring Break (until 4/1)
- Tuesday, April 9th – Writopia Festival (one adult must be present)(Gym 3) 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Thursday and Friday, April 25th and 26th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, May 14th-Brooklyn Bridge (one adult must be present)9am-1pm
- Friday May 31st- Field Day (one adult must be present) 9-12 (early release day)
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
Have a great weekend!
The Blue Room Teachers