We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
Mossy, By Jan Brett
The Three Dasies, By Jan Brett
The Mermaid, By Jan Brett
Places we went:
- Music with Noel (picture included of our performance at last weeks assembly)
- Library with Lindsay
- We continued our study of Jan Brett Stories.
- We practiced measuring each other using mittens like the one’s in the story The Mitten.
- We read Brett’s Mossy , The Three Daises, The Mermaid, The Turnip and Berlioz the Bear.
- In science we continued our hedgehog research. We were amazed to see that hedgehogs get bathed in a sink and washed with a toothbrush.
- As a culmination of our study of Jan Brett’s stories we graphed to find out which story was our favorite and we also wrote letters to Jan Brett to share what we thought about her stories.
- This week also brought our discussion of the holiday Diwali. We learned about the holiday, had a Diwali Dance party, and made our own rangoli patterns. It was so much fun learning about this holiday.
Theme this week:
- The author Jan Brett
Upcoming dates to remember-
- Monday, November 12th & Tuesday, November 13th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, November 15th- Blue Room Picture Day
- Tuesday, November 22nd- Native American Festival (each child must have one adult in attendance)
- Wednesday, December 7th- American Ballet Theatre Trip (each child must have one adult in attendance)
The Blue Room Teachers