We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- The Fruits We Eat, By Gail Gibbons
- The Vegetables We Eat, By Gail Gibbons
- Its Pumpkin Time, Scholastic, October 2018
- Pete the Cat Halloween, Author Unknown
Places we went:
- Art visit in the Classroom
- Trip To the Botanical Gardens
- We discussed the difference between fruits and vegetables both to take a closer look at the insides. We were amazed at the magnificent shapes found inside and decided to make a new mural printing with zucchini, okra, apples, peppers, celery, oranges and many more. Be sure to check out this in our classroom.
- With all of our knowledge of how things grow were excited to see this first hand at the Botanical Gardens. We dug holes , planted basil, harvested and tasted spinach, and watered plants. We had an amazing day that ended with a picnic lunch.
- We wrote in our creative writing journal about this amazing trip.
- Next we began to get ready for Halloween with a story all about Pete the Cat trick or treating with friends. This story inspired us to share our own costumes by dressing up Pete the Cat and writing about our costumes.
Theme this week:
- Harvest and Halloween
Upcoming dates to remember-
- Monday, October 24th – Trip to Harvest Moon Farm (if you were chosen as a chaperone please arrive to school by 8:45)
- Thursday, October 27th- Curriculum Night
- Monday, October 31st- Blue Room Halloween Celebration (parents are welcome to stay from drop off at 8:30am until 8:50am to take photos!)
- Monday, November 12th & Tuesday, November 13th- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, November 15th- Blue Room Picture Day
- Tuesday, November 22nd- Native American Festival (each child must have one adult in attendance)
- Wednesday, December 7th- American Ballet Theatre Trip (each child must have one adult in attendance)
The Blue Room Teachers